Monday, January 30, 2012

Recall a time when you experienced a problem as a result of poor communication. What were the causes and possible remedies from problem?



Having lived less than 3 year in the US with no previous English language exposure, I have had many communicational troubles. I still have some of them. One of the most important lesson which I have learn is that we had better to ask some questions to clarify something and we have to do not shy to ask for repeating.  Once, when I just got a job, one of my ex-coworkers asked me to help her with some database by using a program, which I saw first time in my life. Because I could not say that I did not know this software, I spent a couple of hours goggling and trying to understand what that was all about. A couple of hours later, when I was on a middle of my way, she came to me and asked if those files were ready. She saw how hard I operated this program and started to laugh then she showed me how simple and quick it might be. I finished in a couple of minutes.  After that, I concluded that asking things you do not know benefits you twice. You learn something new and do not disappoint people when they need quick help. We all once knew a little bit. It is not a shame to know less, luck of desire to learn more is shame.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. reference

    ReplyDelete